Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Giant Among Pygmies


Do any of you ever feel like you're doing so much that you're doing nothing? I am kind of there right now. Sure, I'm up in the morning writing, but has my article yet been published? Um, no. Have I gotten anything since? Um, no. Am I making a fortune ebaying? Um, no. And so on and so on and so on.

I often wonder: how much of this energy devoted to "being accomplished" is just internal drive and how much of it is society based: "If you don't make X amount, you suck." How much of it is insecurity? Or how much of it is just plain necessity that, as an intelligent woman with an interesting life before the routine of mothering, I require stimulation of the cranial kind here and there?

Not sure. Don't know. But I'm working on it.

Not a very exciting post to be sure. But I did buy these rainboots for Stink the other day. I like them. They say to the world: I'm an animal of a different color. I'm not afraid of a little water. I will smile. I will flirt with you. But don't fuck with me, cause I'll rip your head right off.

4 comments:

meno said...

I often feel like a giant among pygmies, but i think it's the height.

Do you like the writing? Do you like the e-baying?

Cool boots, wonder if they come in size 12.

Liza on Maui said...

I have tried posting comments several times but it's not showing. Hmm... maybe I'll back off for now to give you some space in case you didn't like my comments :(

Princess in Galoshes said...

I desperately hope those GALOSHES come in my size. Where did you get them?

Andrea Frazer said...

Meno - You ARE a giant of mind and spirit. You rock.

Liza - Sorry about the comments not showing before. I have been on a Blogger hiatus as I'm trying to balance my many things.

Princess - here's the site...http://stores.ebay.com/Dianes-Little-Lambs
They have a zillion shoes for princesses of all shapes and sizes. My favorites are the stripes and the faux cowgirl rainboots with heels! They are so cool. Let me know if you buy any "galoshes". If I had a million dollars, I'd buy all my readers a pair. In fact, I just might post that and stick to my word when I "make it."